Sony Mobile has announced Xperia 8, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in Japan. The Sony Xperia 8 is a mid-range phone that packs a lot of trending specifications. Although, the company has released three flagships devices already this year, the Xperia 1, Xperia 5. and Xperia 10. However, Sony Xperia 8 is the latest phone that offers more for less.
This latest entry to the Sony range has a 6.0-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with a 21:9 aspect ratio, a mid-range Snapdragon 630 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a microSD card slot.
Sony Xperia 8 Specifications
- 6-inch (2560 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 21:9 aspect ratio wide LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8), dust proof (IP6X)
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2760mAh battery with fast charging
Overview of Sony Xperia 8
Since this is a middle-class phone, Sony opted for a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor, coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
Powering the Xperia 8 is a 2760 mAh battery capacity. That’s a smaller battery than the 2870 mAh unit on the Xperia 10 which comes with the same SoC and display size.
The Xperia 8 will remain exclusive to Japan and is expected to arrive later in October for around JPY 54,000 ($505). The phone will be offered in white, black, orange and blue colors.