Motorola Razr 2019 Price, Specs and Review
Years after the first launch of Motorola original Razr, the company finally release a classic Motorola Razr in 2019. This new phone was launched in launched on Wednesday, 13 November 2019 at an event in Los Angeles. The Motorola Razr is Motorola’s first foldable smartphone to hit the market.
This new Motorola Razr is the company’s attempt at producing a foldable phone. Foldable display which is one of the trending innovations in mobile phone. Many technology company has launched their own type of foldable phone. These includes Samsung Galaxy fold, Huawei Mate X, LG, and many other notable brands.
Motorola Razr specs
- Body: foldable water-repellent design, glass and metal back, stainless steel frame; Noir Black only.
- Size: 94 x 72 x 14mm folded, 172 x 72 x 6.9mm unfolded, 205g.
- Screen: foldable 6.2″ P-OLED, 876 x 2,142 px, 373ppi, large notch; secondary 2.7″ G-OLED 800 x 600 px.
- Chipset: qualcomm Snapdragon 710 (10nm): Octa-core CPI – 2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.6 GHz Kryo 360 Silver; Adreno 616 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB storage.
- OS: (vanilla) Android 9.0 Pie.
- Rear camera: Main: 16MP, f/1.7, dual-pixel PDAF, dual-LED flash; 2160p video recording; Secondary: ToF camera
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.0.
- Battery: 2,510mAh, 15W charging.
- Connectivity: eSIM only, LTE-A, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB-C.
- Misc: front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- SIM: No SIM slot (the phone uses eSIM)
Motorola Razr 2019 Overview
The new Motorola Razr design is similar to the Razr V3 flip phone that launched in 2004 but with modern hardware and a foldable OLED inside. This new motorola phone flips open to reveal an elongated touchscreen, one that’s just a bit longer than the iPhone 11 display. The take in this phone is the portable size while closed and opened. it fits in your palm and your pocket.
This portable sized smartphone sports a glass body cover at the back where the camera is located. The other parts of the body is made from a well built metal with a grippy dotted pattern and the M logo at the center.
Motorola Razr 2019 sports a 6.2″ foldable P-OLED (Plastic Oled) screen when opened. It has a resolution of 2142 x 876 pixels resulting in a 373ppi density. Razr 2019 gets a 2.7″ OLED screen for quick view display when folded just below its Main camera. The 2.7inch screen comes with a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels resulting in 370ppi. This screen allows you to take calls, read messages and emails.
The main foldable screen comes with a 21:9 aspect ratio, which encourage a full view display sporting little or no bezel on the sides. However, at the bottom sits the same chunky piece as on the V3, which contains an always-on fingerprint sensor and beneath are all the antennas.
Motorola Razr comes with a 16MP back camera with f/1.7 lens and dual-pixel PDAF. It has dual-LED flash and a a ToF camera for the portraits. At the front, inside the sits the 5MP selfies camera with HDR features.
The Razr runs on vanilla Android Pie version and powered by a Snapdragon 710 chip which Motorola claims is the right chip for the job. The phone hardware is backed up by a 6GB RAM capacity and 128GB Internal storage which is not expandable.
The phone comes with Non-removable Li-Po 2510 mAh battery life with fast battery charging up to15W.
Motorola Razr price and release date
The 2019 Motorola Razr will cost $1,500 equivallent to 543,750 in Nigeria. it’s available to preorder through Verizon on Dec. 26. This is quite on the high side compare to the Galaxy Fold’s $1,980 price tag with more trending features.