The Chinese electronics manufacturing company Xiaomi has recently launched a new smartphone the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. Redmi Note 7 lineup is the first phone release into the newly created sub brand by Xiaomi.
“Redmi,” after the naming as a new brand have become the benchmark for mid-range devices, hence the Redmi Note 7 is a mid-range phone with excellent value and great hardware.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Key Specs.
- Body:159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm, 186 grams, Gorilla Glass 5 back, polycarbonate side frame.
- Screen:6.3″ IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340px resolution (19.5:9); ~409 ppi.
- Chipset:Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) chipset: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260); Adreno 512.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB built-in storage, microSD slot support (takes the second SIM slot).
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; MIUI 10.
- Rear camera: 48MP f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF support, 5MP depth sensor, LED flash; [email protected]/60/120fps video recording, EIS.
- Front camera: 13MP, [email protected] video recording.
- Battery: 4,000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0 support 18W (9V/2A).
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.12 download/ Cat.13 upload, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band MIMO, 2×2 antennas, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 2.0.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, FM radio support.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Overview
On the surface the Redmi Not 7 looks like any high-end device with slim and alluring body built. According to the company “the Redmi Note 7 has gone through the same quality control as Xiaomi’s top-shelf smartphones.”
The phone is made of glass with a metal frame. The front and back are fitted with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5. Redmi Note 7 features 6.3-inch LCD IPS with thin side bezels. Xiaomi redmi Note 7 also sports a notch display called the water drop display. Inside the notch top sits the front camera.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 sports four curved corners. Just like the Redmi Note 6 Pro, the display sits on top of the case. It sports a 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution resulting to 409ppi per density.
The Note 7 also features the popular 19:9 screen ratio that has been in trends for smartphone makers. It also measures 156.8 × 75.9 × 7.95 mm.
The major selling point of the phone is the camera prowess. At the back of the device, we sport a dual camera which consist of 48-megapixel main camera (Samsung GM1 sensor) with f/ 1.8 while the secondary shooter sports a 5-megapixel camera for depth shot, bokeh, scene recognition, optical zoom and other AI baked features. Both cameras are supported by 4 LED True Tone.
The front camera is sited at the notch top at the front display. The single shooter sports a powerful 13-megapixels f/2.0 aperture camera with AI support. The selfie camera also serves a a Face ID sensor.
The main camera uses Samsung GM1 sensor which uses a Quad Bayer arrangement. Being a camera-centric phone, Xiaomi introduced the AI-scene recognition technology with HDR support.
This technology is available in most flagship phones. It is used to identify variety of scenes immediately for quick capturing. For the video, it has a selfie camera that can shoot 1080P videos @ 30fps. The dual rear cameras can shoot 4K videos @ 30fps.
Under the hood, the Redmi Note 7 is powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 SoC. The chipset is clocked at an Octa-core speed of 2.2GHz, built on 14nm technology. It support Adreno 509 GPU for graphic performance. This processor helps produce an optimum performance with less power consumption & more which helps the device to work very fast.
Xiaomi Note 7 run on Os version android 9.0 accompanied by MIUI version 10.2, which is the user interface developed by Xiaomi, is used on top of the Android operating system.
Xiaomi Note 7 comes in a number of variants. There is a 3GB RAM version with 32GB ROM, a 4GB RAM model having 64GB or 128GB built-in storage space and a 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage peak model. They all have support for expansion up to 256GB. You can also opt for the Xiaomi Redmi note 7 pro version featuring 128GB storage internally.
The power house of the Redmi Note 7 is backed by a moderate 4,000mAh battery capacity. However, the phone is not supported by a Quick Charge 4.0-capable charger in the box so you have to settle for the standard 5V/2A 10W brick.
Xiaomi Note 7 Price in Nigeria
Xiaomi redmi note 7 price in Nigeria is surprisingly worth less than the phone actual worth. Get Xiaomi note 7 price for different model on Kara Store.
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 3GB+32GB =₦50,000.
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 3GB+ 64GB = ₦55,000.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4GB+64GB =₦69,000
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4GB+128GB = ₦77,000.
You can also check for the Xiaomi Redmi note 7 pro price on Kara Nigeria. Get the best price of your desired phone in Nigeria on kara.com.ng.