If you regularly shop at reputable stores and shopping malls in Nigeria, you sure would have seen a POS in action before—from the simple POS card processing machines to complex POS systems that comprise multiple components. This new technology has offers convenience to both the buyer and seller.
With a POS system in place, you can make payments conveniently with your ATM card, so you do not have carry cash around to make purchases. The benefits to stores, shopping malls, and other outlets are even more. Aside serving as “digital cashiers” POS systems also record sales and inventory, and they print out receipts to customers.
If you are running a business that involves huge volume sales, installing and using a POS system is highly recommended. Not only will it ease your tasks and reduce errors, but it will also boost your business’s credibility.
What POS options are available?
Depending on the type of business you run, you can opt for either the simple POS card processing machines or the complex POS systems that usually comprise barcode scanners, cash registers, printers, and so on.
If you run a service business or a business with few inventory items, then you would be fine with just the simple POS machine that accepts and debits customer’s ATM cards. However, if you run a large retail store with several different inventory items, it is highly recommended that you invest in a complete POS system.
What are the components of a POS system?
- POS Computer: This is the main component of the POS system, as it runs the software that controls all the system’s components. Any high-performance computer can serve this purpose, but it must the dedicated to this purpose only.
- Cash drawer: This is a container for storing money, credit card receipts, and other paperwork generated during transactions.
- POS monitor: Like any other monitor, they display transaction details. Now, there are touch-screen monitors that allow the user to interact easier and faster with the POS computer. The touch functionality replaces the need for a keyboard and mouse, and it saves counter space.
- Barcode scanner: This portable device reads the barcode on a product, deciphers the information, and sends that information to the POS computer. The barcode usually contains vital information about the product. A barcode scanner is an accurate, time saving device when ringing up multiple products for customers. It also helps to add inventory to the POS software’s database.
- Card processing device: This contains a slot for your ATM card. Once your card is inserted into the slot, the device reads and loads your account information by scanning the magnetic strip on the card.
- Receipt printer: This prints a record of each transaction for both the customer and your store. There are different types of POS receipt printers, such as serial dot matrix printers and thermal printers.
How to buy POS system accessories in Nigeria
If you are looking to buy genuine POS system components in Nigeria, visit the Kara Nigeria Online store to place your order.