Oppo has added yet another member to its Reno series of smartphones launched in June 2019 comprising the Oppo Reno, Oppo Reno 10x Zoom and later the Oppo Reno Z. The newly launched device Oppo Reno 2 is a mid-range smartphone pitched as a camera-centric phone like other Reno series member. This Oppo reno 2 upper mid-range smartphones is designed to deliver a ‘premium’ device at not-so-premium price.
The Reno 2 stand in gap between the original Oppo Reno and the Reno 10x zoom. It comes with major upgrade over the regular Reno but not up to the Reno 10x zoom, however, good enough to stand upright with it. Therefore, Oppo Reno 2 is not the successor of Oppo Reno 10X Zoom.
Oppo Reno 2 specs
- Display: 6.5-inch Amoled, 2,400 x 1,080 pixels, 401 ppi pixel density
- Operating system: Color OS 6.1 (Android 9)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (Dual-core 2.2GHz, hexa-core 1.8GHz)
- Memory: 256GB, 8GB RAM
- Rear cameras: 48MP (f/1.7), 8MP ultra-wide (f/2.2), 13MP telephoto (f/2.4), 2MP monochrome (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 16MP (f/2.0)
- Battery: 4,000mAh
Oppo Reno 2 review
One of the consistence feature of the Reno series is the certainty of modest and beautiful design. The Oppo Reno 2 sports a similar design to Oppo Reno 10X Zoom., though, there are very few changes. It comes with a glossy matte finish at the back and curved from both sides, thus replicating a premium device.
The major eye catching design is the vertical back stripe stretching from the bottom to the centre with Oppo branding in mirror finish looking like an LED light shining through. The vertical strip design has a subtle glow on the outline. Above the vertical strip is the four camera setup lined vertically. The cameras bump are nestled in the Gorilla Glass back, resulting in the total smooth back result.
For the middle frame Oppo uses the aluminum material to hold the front and back Gorrila glass together. At the front, instead of a bezel enabling front camera we have the pop-up motorized fin design for the selfie camera, thus the almost bezel-free design with flat surface.
Oppo also hid the optical under-display fingerprint reader under the AMOLED panel. The reader is both snappy and very reliable. Optical under-display tech has really come a long way since its inception on other premium phones.
The 13MP telephoto lens supports 2x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom (a combo of optical and digital), and 20x digital zoom.The resulting photos are fairly decent, though not as amazing as the ones taken by Oppo’s higher-end Reno 10x Zoom smartphone, which has a periscope-enabled optical zoom camera lens.
This functions similar to 3D cameras or depth sensors, in that it helps you to take better portrait shots by distinguishing between a subject and their background
Finally, the fourth camera is a monochrome one that is used to capture depth information for portrait shots, as well as to enable some interesting colour filters. The Reno2’s four vertically arranged back camera is hidden under a solid piece of durable glass creating an uninterrupted, flat surface. Rear components are symmetrically aligned along the vertical axis for an elegant design.
Oppo Reno 2 Price in Nigeria
Oppo Reno 2 price in Nigeria starts at ₦410,000. This is for the base variant that comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The price of Oppo reno 2 however, vary depending on the deal, model and store. Buy Oppo reno 2 on Kara Nigeria at the best affordable price.
Oppo Reno 2 detailed specifications
- Height: 16.0cm / 160.0mm
- Width: 7.43cm / 74.3mm
- Thickness: 0.95cm / 9.5mm
- Weight: About 189g
- Color: Luminous Black, Ocean Blue, Sunset Pink
- Operating System: ColorOS 6.1, based on Android 9
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM730G
- GPU: Adreno™ 618
- Battery Capacity: 3915/4000mAh (Min/Typ)
- VOOC Flash Charge: 3.0
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- Size: 16.6cm (6.5”)
- Touchscreen: Multi-touch, Capacitive Screen
- Resolution: 2400 by 1080 pixels at 401 ppi
- Colors: 16 million colors
- Screen Ratio: 93.1%
- Contrast: 1400000:1
- Type: AMOLED on-cell
- Brightness: Typical value 500nits
- Rear Sensor: 48MP & 8MP & 13MP & 2MP
- Aperture: Main camera + secondary camera F2.4 + wide-angle secondary camera F2.2; + Bokeh secondary camera F2.4.
- Front Sensor: 16MP, F1.7 Aperture
- Flash: Dual LED Flash
- [Frequency 1]:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- LTE FDD: Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/18/19/20/26/28/32 LTE TDD: Bands 38/39/40/41
- [Frequency 2]:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WCDMA: 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- LTE FDD: 700/800/850/900/1500/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600MHz
- LTE TDD: 1900/2300/2496-2690/2570-2620MHz
- [Frequency 3]:
- GSM: 900/1800MHz
- WCDMA: 900/2100MHz
- LTE FDD: Bands 1/3/5/8
- LTE TDD: Band 40
- SIM Card Type: Nano-SIM / Nano-USIMGPS: Built-in GPS/A-GPS/Beidou/Glonass/GALILEO
- GPS: Built-in GPS/A-GPS/Beidou/Glonass/GALILEO
- Bluetooth: 5.0WLAN Function: 2.4/5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/acOTG: SupportedNFC: Supported
- Light Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- G-Sensor/Acceleration Sensor
In the Box
- OPPO Reno2 *1
- Power Adapter *1
- Micro USB Cable *1
- Headset *1
- Important Info. Booklet with Warranty Card *1
- Quick Start Guide *1
- SIM Card Tool *1
- Protective Film, pre-applied *1
- Case *1