Printing is a necessity in almost any occupation and one of the basic office equipment that gulp money all thanks the regular refilling of the ink cartridge. Running of printer ink can be quiet frustrating especially in between work, hence the need to learn some tricks on how to make your printer ink cartridge last longer.
How to Make Your Printer Ink Last Longer.
Use High-quality Ink Cartridges
The fact that Printer ink cartridge are expensive could push you to buy a low quality ink cartridge to save cost. However, you fail to realize that low quality ink cartridge does not only affect the quality of our printed documents, it also cost us more than we save while going for it.
In addition, when talking about high quality ink cartridge am not saying it is mandatory you go for your printers manufacturer cartridge, because some printer’s original cartridge can be far fetched. However, if you can access your printer’s original ink cartridge then you are in luck, but if not make sure the one you are going for is compatible with your printer and of high quality.
Avoid Large Fonts and Bolds
The use of large fonts and bold text could be the reason you run out of ink faster than necessary. Large fonts and bold text require more ink, so you can save more ink by using a slimmer font like Arial, New Courier or ecofont a downloadable font. Not all documents are necessary in bold or large font especially in-office documentation.
Use High-quality Paper
Paper choice is maybe the simplest yet most important decision you’ll make when it comes to creating a great printed piece. However, it be your greatest mistake, if the wrong (low quality) paper is choosing, not only on your work but printer and ink cartridge life.
Furthermore, low quality paper will leave behind what technicians call “paper dust” which causes paper jam. Paper jam does not just delay your work flow, it waste your ink and paper.
Change Your Printer Settings
The first thing to do after configuring your printer is change your printer setting on your computer or laptop before you start to print. There is the need for you to activate preferences to help you save ink. This setting is located in your control panel, look for an ink-saver or toner-saver mode. There are preference like print in draft mode except when presentation-quality output is required. as well as, print in black and white instead of color and more. Similarly, some printers comes with printing settings that helps save ink.
Ignore the Low Ink Warning
This feature is added to the printer to remind you when your cartridges are running low on ink. Although, the pop-up is a warning that your ink or toner level is low, but, research shows that after this pop-up most printers still have 8% to 45% ink inside which can still print up to 100 pages at times. However, this does not mean your printer is malfunctioning. Some printer with chip to which detects ink levels only send out the reminder before you chip sensor is dusty and it needs cleaning or better still covering up.
Not all document are needed in hard copy. Technology has made things quiet easy and economizing. You can save document and share through Google drive, email and other document sharing software. Consider which documents are truly important to print, and which can be stored digitally on a hard drive.
Similarly, you can consider printing in PDF format instead of wasting your ink or toner producing redundant printouts, keep it digital hence, make your printer ink last longer.
Proofread Before You Print
Before you print out a document, take extra time to edit and proof your work carefully. All too often, we print out documents, find mistakes, and then print them out again. Reprints are avoidable with a bit of simple proofreading, hence, the leaser the errors the longer your ink cartridge. In addition, when printing directly from the internet ensure to preview the pages to avoid printing unnecessary pages.
Maintain Your Printer
Printer maintenance is an excellent way to ensure longevity of equipment and to guarantee that printers perform exceptionally on a daily basis. By performing regular cleaning and maintenance before and after printing, and by performing a more thorough cleaning at least once a year (preferably by a professional printer technician), you can prevent your printer from wasting ink unnecessarily. You may sometimes think you’re running low on ink when you start getting streaky prints, but it may only be because your printhead needs cleaning.
Keep your Printer on
By Keeping your printer on all the time you will keep your print heads cleaner, making them less likely to break and avoid triggering a maintenance cycle each time you use it. This cycle uses a lot of ink to clean the print heads before actual printing.
Best Ink Saving Printer
Although, there are different type of printers including Laserjet Printers, Solid Ink Printers, Inkjet Printers, Multifunction Printers, Dot Matrix Printers and 3D Printers, but not all are ink saving, however, all-in-one printers comes with best ink saving features. Listed below are 5 best ink saving printers.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One
This printer is an all-in-one multi-functional printer which packs printing, scanning, copying, and faxing into a single unit. It comes with the HP Instant Ink program which makes the printer eligible for 8 months of ink delivered, so users will always have a fresh cartridge when needed.
- Fast high-quality ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color
- Draft print speeds up to 29 ppm in black and 25 ppm in color
- Automatic 2-sided printing
- Excellent print quality for photos and documents
- Voice-activated printing enables printer to work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Cloud-based printing with Wi-Fi or your cellular network
- High-quality scanning to share to Dropbox, Google Drive, e-mail, or the cloud from almost anywhere
- Self-healing Wi-Fi for uninterrupted wireless connection
- Prints from mobile devices with Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, and Wi-Fi Direct
- 225-sheet input tray, 35-page ADF, and 60-sheet output tray
- 2.7″ touch-screen to print, scan, copy, and fax jobs with tap-and-swipe ease
Epson® Expression® ET-2750 EcoTank® All-in-One Printer
The Epson Expression ET-2750 EcoTank wireless printer is an all-in-one printer with revolutionary cartridge-free printing with easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks. It comes with ink that could last up to two years according to the company. The EcoTank system uses large ink reservoirs instead of cartridges, allowing it to hold more ink and make refills more affordable.
- It can produce detailed and vivid imagery with resolutions up to 5760 x 1440 dpi and ink droplets as small as 3 pL
- Work quickly with print speeds up to 10.5 ppm in black and 5 ppm in color.
- Mobile printing is available via Epson iPrint App for iOS and Android, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Android printing, Fire OS printing, and the Mopria Print Service.
- Produce copies rapidly with speeds of up to 7.7 cpm in black or 3.8 cpm color.
- A standard 100-sheet input tray will hold most documents up to 8.5 x 11.7″ and can be set up to work with 8.5 x 14″ media.
- The ET-2750 can print directly onto No.10 envelopes.
- Built-in wired USB 2.0 and wireless Wi-Fi connectivity enable users to set up the printer wherever and however they need.
- Integrated SD card slot permits printing of photos right from your camera’s memory card.
- Wi-Fi Direct allows for a direct connection to be made between a computer or smart device and the printer.
Canon PIXMA TR8520 All-in-one Wireless Printer
The PIXMA TR8520 is the compact Wireless Home Office All-In-One that fits perfectly anywhere in the home or office, is simple to use, and delivers outstanding printing quality. It comes with a 5-Individual Ink System, hence you can replace the ink tank that runs out without delay.
- Five-color ink system includes pigment black for sharp documents as well as vivid photographs
- Can produce a borderless 4 x 6″ photo in approximately 37 seconds
- Supports paper sizes of 4 x 6″, 5 x 5″ square, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, letter, and legal
- Special media support includes U.S. #10 envelopes
- Users can scan at sizes up to 8.5 x 11.7″ via the flatbed or up to 8.5 x 14″ via the ADF
- Copy features include 4-on-1 and 2-on-1 copy, auto exposure copy, borderless copy, collated copy (ADF), document removal reminder, fit-to-page, frame erase copy, ID card copy, manual 2-sided copy with ADF, photo fade restoration, preset copy ratios, and two-sided copy
- Mobile printing support includes Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Device Printing, Canon PRINT mobile app, PIXMA Cloud Link, wireless PictBridge, and more
- Print photos directly from an SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory card with built-in card reader
- USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy) connectivity options are available so that you can configure the printer with ease for a multitude of devices depending on your specific setup and needs
- Users will have access to fax memory for approximately 250 pages as well as 99 group dialing locations
Brother INKvestment MFC-J985DW
The Brother MFC-J985DW All-in-One Inkjet Printer is a multi-functional printer with ability to print, scan, copy, and fax from a single unit. It comes with a INKvestment cartridges which is ink efficient to help save money. This printer is wireless and NFC-capable, thus, convenient for many homes and small offices.
- Print for pennies and nickels Less than one cent per page for black and white printing, and less than five cents per page in color.
- Business-capable features for home office environments, including automatic duplex printing and up to 20-sheet ADF.
- 100-sheet paper tray capacity Single sheet bypass tray for printing on envelopes and card stock for added convenience.
- INKvestment series ink cartridges boast yields of about 2,400 pages for black and 1,200 pages for color.
- Copy speeds of up to 6 ppm.
- Support for Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, and Brother iPrint&Scan.
- Fax memory of up to 200 pages
- Monthly duty cycle of 2,500 pages with a monthly recommended volume of 50-1,000 pages.
- Print and scan from almost anywhere smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer.
- Enjoy the freedom of wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi Direct and NFC .
- 2.7″ Touchscreen display to easily navigate to powerful features.
- Scan to popular cloud services directly from the machine, including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Evernote, and more‡. Capture and digitize paper documents with Brother Cloud Apps for electronic storage or sharing.
- Compact design that fits in nearly any workspace.
- Two-year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of the product.
Epson WorkForce WF-7720
The WorkForce WF-7720 is a wide-format all-in-one printer powered by PrecisionCore technology, a versatile and powerful tool for producing high-quality photographs and sharp documents. It also includes auto 2-sided print, copy, scan and fax, plus a 35-page Auto Document Feeder. This printer comes with the 4-color DURBrite ultra pigment ink which is long lasting.
- Get Performance Beyond Laser™ — the WorkForce WF-7720, powered by PrecisionCore
- Print-shop quality — borderless prints up to 13 x 19″
- Economical — uses up to 80 percent less power vs. color laser printers4
- High-volume printing — 500-sheet capacity, dual trays, plus a rear feed for specialty paper; 125-sheet output tray
- Auto 2-sided print, copy, scan and fax — plus 35-page Auto Document Feeder
- Easy navigation and control — intuitive 4.3″ color touchscreen
- Ultimate wireless printing and networking — print from iPad®, iPhone®, Android™ tablets and smartphones1; includes Wi-Fi Direct2, Ethernet and NFC3
- Large scans — easily scan up to 11″ x 17″ with 2-sided Auto Document Feeder
- Fast printing — 18 ISO ppm (black) and 10 ISO ppm (color)†; ideal for home office or small office productivity
- Extra large, high-capacity ink cartridges available — for high-volume printing
- Hands-free voice-activated printing — ask Alexa to print a variety of creative projects and everyday documents, including your to-do and shopping lists.
Where to Buy Printer and Ink Cartridge in Nigeria
There is a wide market for the sells of printer and ink cartridge in Nigeria. Visit Kara Online store to choose from our varieties of Printers at affordable prices. Choose your preferred brand from our wide range of trustworthy brands like HP, sharp, Epson, Canon, Brother and more. Enjoy payment of cash on delivery when you shop for your cameras at Kara store. We also have available in our store every different high quality printer ink cartridge for you Laserjet Printers, Officejet, deskjet, Inkjet, Multifunction Printers, Dot Matrix Printers and 3D Printers more. Buy now and enjoy our quick delivery policy of 1-3 days delivery.