Canon announces the launch of three compact and cost-effective refillable ink tank printers that expand Canon’s existing PIXMA G Series range. This consist of Canon PIXMA G6050, Canon PIXMA G5050, and Canon’s PIXMA GM2050.
The Canon PIXMA G6050 is a multi-function colour printer which is design for small office use or small entrepreneurs. This printer is designed with better quality, rapid printing and competitive running costs.
Canon’s latest PIXMA G-Series printers grant small business owners great quality and extensive functionality. The Canon Pixma G6050 integrates four ink reservoirs in a surprisingly compact three-in-one device and comes with a generous six bottles of ink in the box. The ink Bottle is enough to print 18,000 black and white pages and 7,700 in colour.
The Canon PIXMA G6050 has enough room to load up 350 sheets of paper minimizing paper refills and cutting expenditure on paper. This printer can be easily accessed via a USB cable or Wi-Fi with an intuitive smartphone app for cloud printing and scanning.
Canon PIXMA G6050 Key Specs
|Format||A4 (printing), A4 (Scanning)|
|Printing||4800x1200dpi – 13/6.8 S/min (ISO), photo 10×15: 37s|
|Paper feed||350 sheets (1x 250 sheets + 1x 100 sheets or 1x 20 sheets photo), ADF (20 sheets), duplex unit|
|Connectors||USB 2.0, LAN|
|Wireless||WLAN 802.11b/g/n, AirPrint, Mobile Print, Mopria Print|
|Printing supplies||GI-50PGBK, GI-50C, GI-50M, GI-50Y|
|Power consumption||not specified (maximum), 15W (typical), 0.8W (standby), 0.3W (Sleep)|
|Special features||frameless pressure, Google Cloud Print, OCR software, Refill-System|
The beautiful portable designed Canon PIXMA G6050 printer features bulky plastic ink cartridges because there’s room inside for a fairly deep 250-sheet main paper tray and another 100 sheets in the rear tray.
The body build allows you to see the ink levels so as to monitor the performance of your printer. However, the tanks are quite large, so you won’t be refilling very often. Same goes to the paper house which comes with a window, thus enhancing you to see your paper level.
The new G series has only a two-line mono LCD in its tilting control panel. It lacks SD Card slot as well as front USB port probably for the purpose of creating more room for the ink tanks. However, the USB and Ethernet ports are located at the rear.
The PIXMA G6050 comes with a A4 sized scanner which is located at the top of the printer.
This all-in-one or as popularly called three-in-one printer can print, scan and copy documents. You can print wirelessly and directly from a smart device with AirPrint (iOS), Mopria (Android) or Windows 10 Mobile. This printer can print both sides of the page at a time and it can handle all sizes of paper up to A4. That includes glossy photo paper, envelopes and parcel labels, which can all be loaded into the rear tray.
The print resolution of this printer is 4800×1200 dpi, while scanning is at 1200 x 2400 with strong copying functionality. The printer prints documents at 13 ipm print speed in mono and only 6 ipm in colour. It can also produce vibrant border-less photos in sizes up to A4 and printing a 4×6 inch photo in approximately 37 seconds.
Canon’s newly formulated dedicated pigment black ink produces crisp, sharp and clear document text, perfect for producing documents and presentations with professional polish is also available on the PIXMA G6050.
This printer also offers smart and convenient printing via the Canon PRINT app for iOS and Android, and the ability to print from cloud with the PIXMA Cloud Link, including Google Drive, Dropbox and Evernote.
The Canon PIXMA G6050 is compatible with a number of new media, including magnetic photo paper, sticky backed photo paper and 3.5” x 3.5” square photo paper, great for those looking to get creative with their printer at home.
Likewise, There is a Wi-Fi built in, as well as, Google Cloud Print, PictBridge and Canon’s own Pixma Cloud Link are all available for easy cloud printing.
How to Refill Canon PIXMA G6050 Ink Tank
Refilling of the Canon PIXMA G6050 ink tank is quite easy all thanks to the way the printer is built. The three fine inkjet cartridges carts do not have to be replaced, but can be refill.
After opening the cartridge lid can then pour in the ink from the the bottles provided. The nozzles are the same shape as the cartridge mouth. It is shaped so that you can fill each tank to the top without spilling a drop.
The tanks are stoppered with a rubber seal, although we wouldn’t advise storing this thing on its side if you have to put it back inside the box with ink in the tanks.
Note that it is possible to pour the wrong colour into the wrong tank, so do be careful.
Specifications in detail
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Print, Copy, Scan
- Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)
- Refillable ink tank printer
Mono Print Speed
- Approx. 13.0 ipm
Colour Print Speed
- Approx. 6.8 ipm
Photo Print Speed
- Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 37 seconds
- Yes A4, LTR, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 7″x10″, 8″x10″, Square(5″x5″,4″x4″,89x89mm)
Two Sided Printing
- Auto Duplex Print (A4, A5, B5, Letter – Plain Paper)
Cartridges And Yields
Standard Ink Cartridges
- GI-50 <PGBK>
- GI-50 <C>
- GI-50 <M>
- GI-50 <Y>
Cartridge Yield (Plain paper)
- A4 colour documents printing
- Black: 6,000 pages
- Colour: 7,700 pages
- Estimated supplemental yield
Cartridge Yield (Photo print)
- 10x15cm colour photo printing
- Colour: 2,200 photos
- Estimated supplemental yield
- Plain Paper
- High Resolution Paper (HR-101N)
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
- Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)
- Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
- Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501)
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
Maximum Paper Input
- Rear Tray: Max. 20 sheets (photo paper) or Max. 100 sheets (plain paper)
- Cassette: Max. 250 sheets (plain paper)
- Rear Tray: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 7″x10″, 8″x10″,
- Envelopes(DL, COM10), Square (5″ x 5″, 4″x4″,89x89mm), Card Size(91 x 55mm)
- [Custom size] width 55mm – 215.9 mm, length 89mm – 676mm
- Cassette: A4, A5, B5, LTR
- [Custom size] width 148.0 mm – 215.9 mm, length 210mm – 297mm
- Rear Tray: Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²
- Canon photo paper: up to 300 g/m² (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
- Cassette: Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²
- CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
Scanner Resolution (Optical)
- 1200 x 2400 dpi
Line Scanning Speed
- Colour: 3.5 ms/line(300dpi)
- Greyscale: 1.5 ms/line(300dpi)
Scanning Depth (Input / Output)
- Colour: RGB each 16bit/8bit
- Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
Maximum Document Size
- sFCOT: Approx. 20 sec
- sESAT: Approx. 5 sec
- 99 copies (max.)
- Document Copying, Photo Copying, Borderless copy, 2-sided copy, 2-on-1 and 4-on-1 copy, Frame erase copy, ID copy
- 25 – 400% (in 1% increments)
- Fit to page
- A5 to A4, B5 to A4, A4 to A5 and A4 to B5
Display Type & Size
- Full Dot LCD
- 32 Languages Selectable: Japanese/English(mm & inch)/German/French/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Portuguese/Norwegian/Swedish/Danish/Finnish/Russian/Czech/Hungarian/Polish/Slovene/Turkish/Greek/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Indonesian/Slovakian/Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian/Ukrainian/Romanian/Bulgarian/Croatian/Vietnamese.
Interface Type – PC / Mac
- Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
- Ethernet: 10/100Mbps (auto switchable)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password
- Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
Interface Type – Other
- Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app
- Easy-PhotoPrint Editor
- Message In Print app
- PIXMA Cloud Link
- Canon Print Service Plugin (Android)
- Google Cloud Print
- Apple AirPrint
- Wireless Diret
- LAN/WLAN PictBridge
- Mopria (Android)
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 7 or later.
- Printer driver and IJ Network Device Setup Utility are available with following OS.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1、Windows Server 2012 R2、Windows Server 2016
- OS X 10.10.5～OS X 10.11 、macOS 10.12～macOS 10.14
Supported Mobile Systems
- iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows: 2.0GB or more
- Mac: 1.0GB or more
- Note: for bundled software installation. The necessary amount of hard disk space required.
- Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- MP Driver
- IJ Printer Assistant Tool
- Easy-PhotoPrint Editor (download)
- approx. 8.1kg
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- approx. 403 x 369 x 195 mm
Acoustic Noise Levels
- approx. 50.5dB(A)
- 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
- AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Off: Approx. 0.3WStandby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 0.8W (scanning lamp off)
- Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.7W (scanning lamp is off)
- Time to enter Standby mode: 11min 10sec
- Copying (USB connection to PC): Approx. 15W