The state of power supply in the country is no longer news to anyone. In short, a newborn baby gets to know this unconsciously. So there’s a need for an alternative source of power. And when it comes to an alternative, what easily comes to mind is a generator.
For this reason, there has been a huge desire for every home to own a generator. However, there are some well-known brands people naturally go for whenever they see the need to get one. These include Tiger, Haier Thermocool, Elemax, Elepaq, Lutian, Honda, and Sumec Firman.
These generators are popular due to their affordability, reliability, and ease of use. There are different sizes and it comes in different capacities. Ranging from with power capacities from 0.9KVA to 9KVA.
One of the most popular Electric generator brands in Nigeria some years back was the Tiger brand. Tiger generators are popular for small businesses, as well as homes and so on. This I pass my neighbor generator is available in different sizes.
Tiger Generators Price in Nigeria
- Tiger TG950 650VA Generator – ₦25,000 – ₦35,000
- Tiger TG1850 1.2KVA Generator – ₦42,000 – ₦85,000
- Tiger TG2700 2KVA Generator – ₦62,000 – ₦97,000
- Tiger TG3700 2.5KVA Generator – ₦75,000 – 105,000
- Tiger TNG2500A 2KVA Generator – ₦68,900 – ₦128,000
- Tiger TNG3500A 2.5KVA Generator – ₦82,000 – ₦123,000
- Tiger EC2500CX 2KVA Generator – ₦91,000 – ₦145,000
- Tiger EC3800CX 2.5KVA Generator – ₦102,000 – ₦140,000
- Tiger EPN4000DX 2.5KVA Generator – ₦80,000 – ₦150,000
Haier Thermocool Generator
Thermocool Generator is specifically designed to meet the inductive loading needs of consumers. Its engine designed to be rugged, durable, and efficient, can run continuously for 300 hours straight without turning the engine off. This generator has been designed with reduced noise levels, reduced engine vibrations, and excellent fuel efficiency to give users maximum relaxation and benefit for their money. Haier Thermocool Generators are ideal for small homes and offices that require an efficient and reliable power supply.
Haier Thermocool Generator Price in Nigeria
- Thermocool 1KVA Generator (Smallie) – ₦54,000 – ₦76,000
- Thermocool 1.25KVA Generator (Junior) – ₦63,000 – ₦87,000
- Thermocool 2.2KVA Generator (Captain) – ₦121,000 – ₦149,000
- Thermocool 2.5KVA Generator (Bobo Max) – ₦110,500 – ₦166,000
- Thermocool 4.1KVA Generator (Hustler 3800ES) – ₦150,000 – ₦230,500
- Thermocool 3.5KVA Generator (Hustler Max) – ₦121,900 – ₦175,000
- Thermocool 3.5KVA Generator (Hustler Max) – ₦124,000 – ₦179,000
- Thermocool 3.0KVA Generator (Hustler) – ₦147,000 – ₦196,000
- Thermocool 4.0KVA Generators (Big Boy) – ₦232,000 – ₦331,000
- Thermocool 5.0KVA Generator (Oga) – ₦220,000 – ₦279,000
- Thermocool 6.0 KVA Generator (Igwe) – ₦248,000 Naira – ₦279,000
- Thermocool 6.75KVA Generator (Odogwu) – ₦377,500 – ₦457,000
Elemax Generators are popular in homes, offices, and small businesses and are noted for their reliability. Similarly, Elemax Generators are popular in homes, offices, and small businesses and are noted for their reliability. Elemax generator runs on Honda engine which makes its more reliable and efficient and is available in different sizes and capacities. Its power capacity ranges from 2.2kva to about 7.6kva generator and cost between 105,000 Naira to about 250,000 Naira. There are gasoline generators as well as diesel Elemax generator.
Elemax Generator Price in Nigeria
- Elemax 5.6KVA SH7600EX – ₦565,000 to ₦673,000
- Elemax 3.8KVA SH5300EX – ₦409,000 to ₦562,000
- Elemax 3.2KVA SH4600EX – ₦189,900 – ₦211,000
- Elemax 2.8KVA SH3900EX – ₦292,000 to ₦324,000
- Elemax 2.2KVA SH3200EX – ₦243,000 to ₦287,000
- Elemax 2KVA SV2800S – ₦199,000 to ₦257,000
- Elemax 8.5KVA SH11000 – ₦1,390,000 to ₦1,900,000
This generator is one of the highly sought after generator brands. Elepaq generator are very practical for homes or small businesses as they are very cost effective. it is also very energy efficient as it consumes low fuel.
Elepaq Generator Price in Nigeria:
- Elepaq 1.2KVA ECO 2200S – ₦35,000 to ₦43,000
- Elepaq 1.3KVA SV3200 – ₦34,000 to ₦45,000
- Elepaq 1.4GHz ECO 1990S – ₦65,000 to ₦73,000
- Elepaq 2.8KVA ECO 4990ES – ₦71,500 to ₦85,000
- Elepaq 3KVA SV5500 – ₦78,000 to ₦87,000
- Elepaq 3KVA EC5200 – ₦48,000 to ₦79,000
- Elepaq 4.2KVA SV6500 – ₦58,500 to ₦69,000
- Elepaq 4.2KVA SV7500E2 – ₦69,000 to ₦77,000
- Elepaq 5.5KVA EC6500 – ₦176,000 to ₦195,000
- Elepaq 10KVA SV15000E2 – ₦198,000 to ₦220,000
- Elepaq 7.5KVA EC15000CXS – ₦195,000 to ₦220,000
- Elepaq 9KVA SV22000E2 – ₦185,000 to ₦230,000
- Elepaq 10KVA SV20000E – ₦166,500 to ₦210,000
Lutian Generator Price in Nigeria:
- Lutian LT1800N-1.2KVA – ₦39,000 – ₦75,000
- Lutian 2.7KVA 36100 – ₦73,000 – ₦115,000
- Lutian Generator 3.5kva (300VA) Manual Start LT3600EN-
- Lutian 3.5KVA Eco – LT3990E – ₦77,500 – ₦105,000
- Lutian LT3600 3.5KVA Manual Start – ₦75,000 – ₦95,000
- Lutian 6.3kVA LT7990E – ₦193,000 – ₦245,000
- Lutian 8.1KVA LT8000EB – ₦263,000 – ₦307,000
- Lutian 9.3KVA Eco – ₦355,000 – ₦477,000
Honda generator is a popular brand of an electric power generator in Nigeria. It is well known for its low to medium power applications, just the best choice for most homes or small businesses.
Honda’s Generators are lightweight, portable, and compact. It produces between 450 and 9000 watts of electric power providing you with smooth, clean power for recreation, construction, rental, and emergency use. All Honda generators are powered by advanced 4-stroke engines.
Honda Generator Price in Nigeria:
- Honda 2.0KVA generators (EP2500CX) – ₦150,000 – ₦200,000
- Honda 2.5KVA generator (EZ3000CX) – ₦167,000 – ₦210,000
- Honda 5.5KVA EG6500 – ₦592,000 – ₦650,000
- Honda 5.5KVA FA6500X – ₦425,500 – ₦550,000
- Honda EM10000 8KVA – ₦1,500,000
- Honda EM10000 9KVA Key start- ₦1,753,800.
Sumec Generator is the ideal generator for homes and offices looking to cut down costs. The generators have oil alert system, Automatic Voltage Regulation, AVR, fuel and tank capacity, circuit breakers that continuously monitor loading conditions, and automatically trips if there is a short circuit or an overload. They also have a fuel sediment cup. SumecFirman generators range from 1.3kva – 6kva power ratings. They come in either the SumecFirman SPG series or the Ruby SPG series.
It also has other features such as, float carburetor, overload protection as well as wheels and handles which allow for portability. If you are looking to get the utmost value for your money and cut down the cost of maintenance and repair of your generator, Sumec Firman Generators is your best option.
The Sumec Firman Generator is durable and affordable. It can be used to power televisions, DVD players, as well as air coolers.
Sumec Firman Generator price in Nigeria:
- Sumec Firman SPG 950 – 25,000 Naira – 35,000 Naira
- Sumec Firman SPG 1800 – 40,000 Naira – 75,000 Naira
- Sumec Firman SPG 2500 – 68,000 Naira – 95,000 Naira
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000 2.5KVA – ₦75,000 – ₦115,000
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000E1 2.5KVA (key start) – ₦80,000 – ₦115,000
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000E2 2.5KVA (key start & wheels) – ₦95,000 – ₦150,000
- Sumec Firman SPG 3800E2 2.8KVA – ₦130,000 – ₦200,000
- Sumec Firman 6.0KVA generators – ₦230,000 – ₦270,000
- Sumec Firman 9KVA ECO 12990ES – ₦334,950
It is important to know that firman generator and Sumec generator are the same, they both fall under the same brand name Sumec Firman Generator. Therefore, the price of Firman generator is the same as Sumec firman price.
How To Identify Original Generator
All generators have coils which could be copper, aluminum or brass. Top quality generators have coils made with copper. Check a generator’s coil very carefully before buying. The coil should be neatly rolled inside the engine. If it isn’t, then the coil has been tampered with. Rub your hands against the coil. If your hands are stained, this means the coil has been sprayed to make it look like copper. This may also be an indication that the engine has been refurbished: it will “knock” within three months.
- Copper Wire Coil: You will notice that the copper wire’s colour is reddish-brown. Although some sellers might spray the aluminum or brass wire to look like the copper, you will know if it is sprayed because it will stain your hands once you feel it.
- Aluminium Wire Coil: The aluminum wire coil comes in shiny silver colour. This is not as durable as the copper coil.
- Brass Wire Coil: The brass wire coil is gold coloured. It is the weakest of the three. In fact, you should never buy a generator that comes with such a coil.
The Engine Block
This is an easy check you can do by yourself. You can identify a fake engine block from an original one at first glance. A fake engine block is very shiny and light weight. Tap the engine, the sound it makes should be muffled if it is original, but if it is fake, it will make a loud, resonating noise.
Engraved/Crested Name On The Generator
An original generator should have its name crested/engraved on its parts: tank, engine block, air filter, carburetor, muffler, cylinder head cover, alternator rear frame and AVR. This might not be the case for all generators but ensure the generator you are buying has its name crested (not painted) on at least three to five of the parts mentioned before you pay for it.
The Sound Of The Generator
Don’t just enter a generator dealer’ shop and pick up a generator without asking the seller to test it for you. A generator’s fine packaging does not mean it is original. Insist that the generator is unpacked and switched on for you to hear its sound. A good generator makes a regular, continuous sound. If the generator’s sound is “rough”, don’t buy.
Above all, most generators have their brand logo engraved to the oil tank, the Automatic Voltage Regulator, the air filter, the engine block, the alternator rear frame, the muffler, the carburetor, and the cylinder head cover. If this anti-counterfeiting coating is scratched off or it’s missing, then it’s surely a fake SUMEC FIRMAN generator. So now it is quite easy to identify original SUMEC FIRMAN generators and other bands.